Wednesday, March 26, 2008

My Easter Break: part 2

Hello Everyone!

I hope your Easter went as well as mine did. I left for California on Tuesday and the plane ride was the longest three hours I have ever spent. Nathan, Angi and Jonathan were the one's picking me up and I was getting so anxious to see them all that I would try to sleep to make the time seem to go faster, but it turned out every time I would sleep it would only be for about five minutes because I was still too excited.

I had my first taste of a fish taco, and for anyone who knows me, you know how much I love tacos and fish tacos are no exception! It was kind of interesting that the day that my economics class was watching a video about Wahoo's Fish Tacos and that business I was eating one. If you've never tried one, I urge you to put that on the list of things you want to do before you die.

I had lunch with my grandma at a little small town diner type place. I say that because there aren't too many small towns in California, at least, not around L.A. there's not. It was very fun to spend some time with her.

We had fun at the aquarium. Jonathan and I got a kick out of watching Nathan get very excited about embellishing the little "passport book" thing that they gave us. There were some touch pools there that had tropical fish and small sharks in them. I put my hand in to touch some of the animals. As I was waiting for the shark to circle around to me, I was looking at another fish that had caught my eye. I wasn't watching where the shark was swimming and the next thing I knew it swam right by my hand and it freaked me out because I wasn't expecting it to touch me. I jumped so far and no one knew what happened so they gave me some pretty funny looks. Especially since touching fish doesn't ever bother me.

I ate at Buffalo Wild Wings for the first time with a few of our friends. It was so good. I also got to experience a frozen yogurt shop called Pink Berry. It's kind of like Cold Stone Creamery.

Sabbath day I had a lot of fun. We went to church in Colton and I got to see Jonathan play the congas and he was very good at them. After church I went with Jonathan to his grandparent's house where I had Easter dinner with them. I even got to participate in the Easter egg hunt, something I haven't done since I was four. I had a lot of fun. They had Jonathan and me share our eggs, but they gave us a few more. Jonathan brought some home videos from when he was about three or four and he was adorable! There was one video where he was telling a story of when his brother Matthew threw a dirt clod at him but he claimed it was a rock. The other one was him singing The Speckled Frog song in the bathtub.

After the day at his grandparent's he took me to Fiesta Village to go mini golfing. I had so much fun. After Fiesta Village we went to Rubio's where I had another fish taco. Then we went to "Horton Hears a Who." We took a walk up and down State Street that lasted about an hour or so. I had such a great time.

Sunday we had an Easter brunch where I got to meet Nathan's dad for the first time.

Monday was the hardest day because I had to come home and say goodbye to everyone. I didn't think that it was going to be that hard to leave but it was one of the hardest things I had to do. I can't wait until I can go back again. I just don't know when that will be.

This was definitely the most memorable Easter I have ever had!

No comments: