Thursday, November 22, 2007

Count Your Blessings

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I have to say that I have many things to be thankful for this holiday season. I have a family that loves and supports me and I have close friends that care about me. I had a friend e-mail me and wish that I could have spent Thanksgiving with him and his family this year, or that he could spend it with me and mine. And I have to say that I am very thankful for him being in my life. That brightened my day since we have postponed our Thanksgiving dinner to next week after church. Just gives me that much more time to prepare the pies that I want to make and see if there is something else I can bring to the table.

Another thing that I have to be very thankful for is that yesterday my mom called Bethel University because she and Dad have been receiving a lot of mail from them inviting them to this event and that one, but yesterday they got a letter asking for a deposit check. Mom wanted to know what was going on. So she called my admissions counselor and he looked up my name and saw that I had been accepted!!! I was so excited when she told me. I should be receiving my acceptence letter in the mail soon. I find it kind of funny that I keep receiving word about my colleges on special occations. I heard about Northwesten on my birthday and Bethel on Thanksgiving. It is truely a time of year to be thankful.

I still have not found my dog. I am strongly believing that she did go somewhere to pass away. I still have to do a good search in the woods, but I trust that I will find her when the time is right. But I can be thankful for having Angel to buffer the pain. She has been a great blessing to me, she seems to really understand what has been going on and can sense that it is now her responsibility to take care of the family now.

Dad and I have started to put up the Christmas decorations. We haven't gotten out the famous Christmas village yet, but we do have the Precious Moments village that he picked up somewhere. That has been placed on the piano. We will have the main village up very soon. Until it is up it just doesn't seem like the holiday season.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you again and seriously count all your blessing. Focus on them and not the hard times, for in the hard times God gives us even more blessings.

I want to share part of a song that I am working on. I just have one verse and the chorus, but I'll come up with the other parts soon when they are given to me.

When you feel that life has you down, just look up and all around. Look at all the beauty all around.

Thanks God for the sky. Thank the Lord for the sea. Thank God for this day; the day he loves you and me.

1 comment: