Monday, December 17, 2007

My brother now has a frog for a sister

Ever have one of those days where you jump out of your skin and become that of another? Well, today we had our Christmas choir and band concert. We had to combine them because our band concert got snowed out two weeks ago.

The senior girls did an ensamble this year and we sang "Christmas Day." It was kind of strange to finally be singing as a senior girl and not just listening to them. It was a great song. I was surprised that we all didn't start crying in the middle of it. However, during part of the song I started to sound like a frog. All that was going through my mind was "NO! I can't be loosing my voice I have sing a solo in about 15 minutes!" We got done with the song and I told everyone of my friends to start praying for my voice. I don't know how many of them actually threw up a prayer for me, but whoever did I'm grateful. I was able to sing all of our choir songs plus my solo and no one notices my froggish voice. I made it all the way up to the "Halleluja Chorus." As soon as our choir concert was over my voice was shot. Luckily I don't need a voice for band, just a working reed. Which my good reed broke this morning because I wasn't paying close attention to what I was doing and I let my reed smack against my teeth instead of meeting it with my tongue. But everything worked out just fine.

I got home and I had to say something to my brother and he has now given me a new nickname, "Frogger."

We also had to have Jeff open his Christmas gifts early this year because our great aunt from Missory died earlier this week so my parents are going to the service on Wednesday which is Jeff's real birthday. It was great to see Jeff's face when he opened his new camera that Mom and Dad got him. He wasn't expecting it at all. I also disguised the box when I wrapped it so he couldn't really guess what it was. He just came in and took a whole bunch of pictures of me typing this. I can see his face has a brighter glow now. It's really nice to see, we don't get to see that often.

So even though there were a few minor set-backs today, it turned out to be a very good day for everyone.

No comments: