Thursday, May 31, 2007

I don't know how many of you know, but I'm a candidate for Miss Dodge Center. We had our first practice to learn our dance that we have to do at the pageant. We're doing it to three songs from "Grease," Summer Days, You're the one that I want, Hand Jive. We're having a great time with it. We're going to wear poodle skirts that my mom is making. We have another practice for it tonight. I'm so excited!

I used to be a cheerleader and my favorite and most missed part is band dances.

I didn't get to bed until 2:00 A.M. this morning because I was trying to finish up a final project for environmental science. We had to make a booklet of "50 Simple ways to conserve." I didn't mind the project, I was just really tired of school and became a very bad procrastinator. I'm so glad that tomorrow is the last day of school. We have an early out at 1:00 P.M. and our classes are shortened to 25 minutes long so that all teachers will have the oppertunity to see all their students.

I officially have my senior project approved. Mr. Schrieber, my english teacher and school play director, is in charge of the projects and he gave back my approval packet.

I really hope that my dad will have a small break in work soon. About three weeks ago the van that I was driving developed problems. It kept dying on me. It's quite an interesting story actually.

I was on my way to Byron and was trying to accelerate on the on ramp. Well, it kept getting slower and slower no matter how low on the pedel I was pushing. I pulled over to the side of the road and let it cool down a bit. I then made my way for a mile to the next exit back into Dodge Center. I then decided I would try to make it the mile to the church or the 2 1/2 miles to my house. I didn't even make a quarter of a mile. I had to park in the park and ride. I called my mom and my brother, Jeff. Jeff came and looked at it but he didn't even get out of the driveway or the park and ride. A friend of mine took me to Byron and then brought me back to the van. I had about 30 minutes before church (this happened on a Wednesday) so I decided to try to make it to the church where I knew the van would be safe. I went two tenths of a mile to the railroad tracks and it died again. Not on the tracks don't worry. I stopped about four more times on the less than a quarter of a mile stretch to Main Street (the street I have to turn on to get to the church). I was able to make it all the way down the street but it died half a block from the church. I was getting quite frusterated then I was finally able to make it to the church. But I was just glad that at all the places it died I was somewhere where I could safely get off the road and I knew what I had to do. God really does take care of us.

2 comments:

Lance said...

hey, yea that day was very interesting it was still fun tho. I never had so much trouble getting to Mcdonalds.

aroy17 said...

Hey kid- When is Miss Dodge Center? You'll be great!