Tuesday, May 29, 2007

This is quite new for me

Well, everyone always tells me that I don't tell them what is going on in my life enough. I guess this will be my way of doing it easily. If people want to know what's going on they can now seek me out, and if they don't I don't have to know about it.

School is almost out for the summer! I can't wait I have one full day left and two half days. I'm so excited! But I can't believe that next school year I'm going to be a senior! I'm sure my sisters don't like the thought of that either, or their friends that knew me. I often get told that people always see me as the 10 year old that I used to be because that's when they left the area so they have to keep reminding themselves that I'm 17. I have to remind myself often times.

I already feel like a senior. This year's seniors had their last day on Friday and so now my grade is the oldest in the school. That hasn't happened since 6th grade. If feels so weird to be that way. When we first entered high school in 7th grade we were the babies for three years. The school administration was switching all the grades around so we never had the other class come up to the high school until we were in 10th grade.

I also feel like a senor because at our school we have to take a senior seminar class and do a senior project. We get the option of either starting it when we have the class 2nd semester or the summer after our junior year. Since I'm training my dog to read sign language commands I decided to start mine now.

In a way I can't wait to be a senior but in others it's the scarest thing in the world. I want to grow up and have a wonderful career as a Christian family counsilor, but I miss being seven years old. When you're seven, you don't have a care in the world. Your scarest fear is that there are monsters under your bed (which I never thought was true :) ) But we all have to grow up sometime. We can't all live in Never NeverLand.

3 comments:

aroy17 said...

Hey kid- Welcome to blogging. For the record I am one that always needs to remind myself that you're 17. Seems like yesterday that you were 4 years old and singing "God is bigger than the boogieman"

Justin Hibbard said...

I still picture you as a toddler when you fell of the deck. Man was that scary. So when anyone asks if you were dropped on your head when you were a baby. . .

Lance said...

hey yea i don't picture you as a lil kid anymore. im not sure if i count or not.