Thursday, October 11, 2007

18 years ago, I was born!

I had a very good birthday today. I woke up to balloons and roses in my bathroom (that's quite the sight to someone who is half awake at 6:30 in the morning). I was greeted at school by many people wishing me a happy birthday and my choir sang to me. I had supper at on of the diners in town where I got my meal for free. I ate with my parents, my brother Jeff, my sister Jaci and her four kids.

I got a lot of the things I wanted like the first seaon of "Little House on the Prairie," and a dvd of "Seven Brides for Seven Brother." Dad gave me a bunch of shirts that have Snoopy on them. He also gave me a pink mustang shirt and my brother saw it and said "That is supposed to be mine." We all laughed because it was pink. But the best gift was not from a family member or even a friend, it was from a stranger. I got a call from an admissions advisor from Northwestern College in St. Paul. He was calling to tell me that I have officially been accepted to that college! It's not Bethel, my first choice, but I still cryed because I was happy. At least I know that if things don't turn out for me to go to Bethel I have a place to go. And Northwestern is still a good school.

So today was a very good birthday.

1 comment:

Justin Hibbard said...

I am so proud of your for getting into Northwestern! That is great. I am so sorry I didn't call you on your b-day. I kept telling Miriam to remind me, and we both kept forgetting. But Katrina Goodrich says hi.