Friday, September 28, 2007

School Update

School is still going really well. I absolutely love my concurrent English class. We get a writing assignment every week which is really nice because since I am not the editor of the Beacon in the Sabbath Recorder anymore it gives me chance to keep writing essays. We're using a book called "30 Days to a More Powerful Vocabulary" and I'm loving that because I'm learning new words that will make my writing better. I even used one in a college application. "Altruist"- some one who puts the needs of others before their own. Like every other year we are learning grammar but we are learning more in depth which is a nice change because I've always done pretty well in grammar in the past and now I can challenge myself a little bit more.

I'm loving my psychology class and I feel like I'm really learning things and all I'm doing is reading the text and then doing worksheets. Last night I was working on it before I went to bed which wasn't a very good idea because it's a chapter on sleep, so reading it was making me very tired.

In a few weeks I will be starting to practice for the HVL (Hiawatha Valley League) Honor Choir. I was in the honor band last year because they knew I would be in the choir this year.

We have also started our fall play "Greater Tuna." I forget who wrote it, but it is about the town Tuna, Texas and it's wacky and hilarious. I play a very outspoken lady who is stern and sometimes very mean but has a sympathetic side to her. It's kind of a stretch as an actress for me because I have some lines that are half a page long and one scene that I speak for about a page and a half. But I'm up for the challenge. Bring it on!!

No comments: